Are you looking for a fun, mission-oriented company where you can make a difference? Would you like to identify, develop and write content and provide support for our communication tools, resources and functions? We’re hiring a Communication Specialist!
If you have a passion for serving others and enjoy building relationships, this is the position for you! You’ll be responsible for developing compelling, enterprise-wide communication that provides strategic direction and motivates stakeholders in support of Home Instead, Inc.’s business objectives and Strategic Action Plan. This person also serves as a change management advisor helping project teams ensure change initiatives meet business objectives by increasing stakeholder adoption and usage and minimizing resistance.
As Communication Specialist you’ll:
- Develop and implement measurable, comprehensive communication plans that support Home Instead, Inc.’s business objectives and Strategic Action Plan. This includes writing, editing and publishing content to a variety of channels with minimal supervision.
- Create actionable change management deliverables including, where appropriate, sponsor roadmaps, coaching plans, training plans and resistance management plans.
- Apply the right mix of practical communication and change management knowledge and ability to hold the confidence of organizational stakeholders.
- Maintain a clear understanding of business issues and use acceptable communication and change management strategies and tactics to address them.
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships that inspire trust and respect and can be influenced to accomplish business objectives.
- Serve as a coach to business leaders helping them be effective communicators and change sponsors.
- Support project teams in integrating change management activities into project plans.
- Recommend appropriate solutions to stakeholders; helping them develop communication competence and make informed decisions.
- Apply a consistent approach to communication and change management activities, while maintaining professional and ethical standards.
- Ability to travel as needed, up to 25%.
Education, Experience and Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism/public relations, business or related field.
- Change management certification or designation (e.g., Prosci practitioner) desired.
- Minimum five years’ experience in corporate/internal communication, journalism or public relations; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience preparing and executing measurable, results-oriented communication plans.
- Experience with and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools.
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Knowledge of Associated Press (AP) style with a willingness to learn organization-specific style rules.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience building and distributing online forms and surveys.
- Comfortable moderating webinars and being on video.
The Home Instead Senior Care® network provides personalized care, support and education to help enhance the lives of aging adults and their families. Today, this network is the world’s leading provider of in-home care services for seniors, with more than 1,200 independently owned and operated franchises that annually provide more than 80 million hours of care throughout the United States and 11 other countries. Local Home Instead Senior Care offices employ approximately 65,000 CAREGiversSM worldwide who provide basic support services that enable seniors to live safely and comfortably in their own homes for as long as possible, serving 90,000 seniors daily. The Home Instead Senior Care network strives to partner with each client and his or her family members to help meet that individual’s needs. Services span the care continuum – from providing personal care to specialized Alzheimer’s care and hospice support. Also available are family caregiver education and support resources. At Home Instead Senior Care, it’s relationship before task, while striving to provide superior quality service. These independently owned and operated franchises achieve service excellence with the support of dedicated Global Headquarters staff members who provide exceptional service with a personal touch.
The Home Instead, Inc. benefits package includes:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health; Dependent Daycare/Eldercare)
- Life Insurance (Basic & Additional Voluntary Coverage for Employee, Spouse and/or Children)
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Honor PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- On-site Dining Room
For more info visit Home Instead’s job posting.